Monday, February 22, 2010

22/02/10

A reasonably productive day, with 7.30 to 11.00 spend reading A Guide to independant Learning Pages180-213, yes I am a slow reader, and granted there was the odd distraction, but I do take my time, as I find increasing my pace even just a little removes all comprehension of what I am reading,Know your limits and do not exceed them, however, where boundaries don't exist, do not create them.
the discussion section was worth a read, but I may have little chance to apply the techniques, although i got some good ideas for the facebook groups.The "Developing your writing", section made a lot of points which confirm things I do and a few I shall begin to use.I'm also enjoying "Writing Essays", i think my biggest hurdle is that I think i can write accademically, therefore if I am wrong, I can't perceive how.
I did a bit of chapter 4 exercise 1,2 and 3 about my reading style and preferences before realising that I have done most of it before and clearly did not save it, It is just one of those rudimentary,"Think about how you wipe your ass, explain why", activities.
I read pages 29-51 of microeconomics and battled cintinued the previous days battle with the equation y=a+bx, finally got it from calculating the slope, realising the verticle intercept does not halve when found between variable mumerals and applying the brackets where applicable,ie [50+(0.5x300)
I can't believe that 2 days of deductive thinking and critical analysis have taught me more than 10 years of school.This builds a strong case for developing critical thinkers, not just walking encyclopedias.
Graphs are not scaring me so much, and although hesitant, I believe math will slow me down, but when it falls into place, I shall enjoy it and a new understanding of the world at large,I would love to read stephen Hawkings books and understand them, or rather, I shall.
very glad to be off the graphs and into more explanation of terminology, although i could not recount much of what I have read, I am starting to understand the terms in context when the pop up, and will certainly comprehend much of the microeconomics vernacular by the start of SP1.
That's all I ask, and I feel as though I am well on track for success.
As a swot analysis, just for fun, my Strenghts, weaknesses, oportunities and threats are:
strenghts-My reading skills, curiosity, Aannalytical skills, tanacity,
weaknesses- impatience, math skills, anger, distracted(although generally uni related)
opportunities-time, family support, feedback from teacher friend, motivated
threats- noisy household,relationship breakdown(not likely,but possible) motivation, defeatest attitude,
Judging by how things are going, 5 days before the start date, I am confident, becoming fluent in the language, focussed, determined and have the competative edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment