Monday, February 8, 2010

08/02/10

7.20-out of bed, get my son moving and send him off to the bus
8am reading, started the Penguin big book of small business, 5 pages in and not impressed.
Reading a learning companion again,pages 81-108. the topic is oral presentations, and I am unsure of the relevence as I may not get an orportunity to participate in group discussions or present information orally with my study being online.
I have satarted an assignment,yeah,ok so I don't know what my assignments will be,but I found a facebook page with one from las year and am practicing on it, even better if it turns out to be the current topic,I should be able to present a good assignment .

The Assignment asks me to use the concept of world view to Identify beliefs and attitudes,Particularly to education and learning That"I" bring to "My" learning.
I have to define world view for starters,or rather describe the concept of world view as according to the academics who have coined the phrase.As it is a fluid concept, without a specific truth and possibly infinite in it's aspects, the best plan may be to coverthe old cliches like Race,class,Australian culture,family influence, peers etc.
reference to hobson(1996) and Samover and Porter (2004) are required, must find out what these texts are.
My main issue is in what context should it be written if it is a personal account,considering academic writing is generally supposed to distance the writer from the subject matter.
The urge to write my life story and justify my academic mistakes is strong, and taking myself out of the picture is impossible, I may rely on references to justify my ideas and personal views, therefore I need to find a text which in the same head space as me.
perhaps, the books i have read over the years might provide an insight into the ideas that have shaped my world view,i must revise this.
A definition of world view will prove difficult and using appropriately accademic language whilst avoiding the temptation to sound pretentious will be the key here,I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment