Tuesday, February 9, 2010

09/02/10

Up at 7.10 again, then on the computer at 8am
Started Quick skills module QSK130 Getting to Know Your Study Materials which ties in well with my reading later at work, Im am getting ready to start a study plan once i get my login details,Hopefully any day now.The crossover with A Guide to Learning Independently is in the discription of how to understand what is being asked in a question and how to best answer this.I am getting a better idea of how to approach assignment with regard to the thesis, opening point of the assignment and building the body of the argument, depending on what the question requires.
Accessing study material is clearer now and I have decided to try the caboolture library for resources as well as my epiphony for the day that it may be viable to enrol in a cheap course or two at TAFE as their resources are excellent and this may be cheaper than buying books.
My understanding of how to construct an assignment is becoming clearer and terminology will become easier to understand after I hear the same words a few times.
learning objectives are a new concept to me, and understanding what the expected outcome is will hopefully guide me on the journey, this is more desirable than going blind and hoping to hit the target.
I wonder what sort of student I will be, and I realise that the sort of worker I am and the way i think at home and socially won't cut it.
I have to accept that I am a clean slate in a lot of areas and that my ideas of intellegence,knowledge, learning and university life must be pushed aside so that a new reality can form with a different world view as the final objective.this must happen for me, not in spite of me.
I can't wait to get started

No comments:

Post a Comment