Saturday, February 13, 2010

12/02-13/02-14/01

nothing,nothing and more nothing.i learned nothing on these daus.
Seriously,I have not picked up a book and in a way,I guess I am just enjoying the calm before the storm,getting to know people on the facebook groups and really not stressing about the start date.
I have had to sort out work and that took a lot of my time and energy,mostly stressing and whining.
I am now casual and need not ever do another shift after this friday.Although I will want a couple of shifts per week to get me out of the house.
I am having trouble with the subject matter relating to the world view thing,and as a moderately intelligent and rather annalytical person,I believe that clutching at straws with a phd is still clutching at straws.i mean, we have no specific,scientifically proven.indesputable answers about "the self, the who am I and world view questions,and it just seems as though some academics are too proud to admit that it is a question for the individual to contemplate at times when they are feeling the need, but not a topic really worthy of wasting funding,consideration or conversation on.
This entry was heavily edited due to a half drunken,frustrated rant.
It really felt good to vent my frustration at the subject I am having ethical and intellectual problems with.I have little time for people who undulge themselves with smarmy,pretentious theoretical rhetoric and deep down i guess I just consider true academic achievement as definable by knowledge of facts and figures, rather than summisation and assumption.
I mean Einstein based his theories on proven formulae and his hypothesis were at least grounded in his understanding of actual scientific anylise who we are, and someone to judge if the answer is correct based on thjeir assumptions,presumptions and assertions on the topic is a touch concerning.We are to understand ourselves as individuals thus illustrating the fact that we are all inherently different in our essential thinking,anylkising and scrutinising skills,abilities,capacity and capabilities.Does this not leave the decission of what is a good answer and what is a 'wrong" answer at the mercy of an individual view based on the marking teachers word view/paradigm and their upbringing,socio economic postion,culture, class, education, demographic?
Scarey huh

No comments:

Post a Comment